SYSmark 2018 reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of Office Productivity, Creativity and Responsiveness.
- The new Productivity Scenario has updated workloads and applications geared towards office centric user activities.
- The new Creativity Scenario which has updated workloads and applications geared toward media centric user activities.
- The new Responsiveness Scenario models ‘pain points’ in the user experience when performing common activities that include: application launches, file launches, web browsing with multiple tabs, multi-tasking and background application installation.
Using only unmodified, retail versions of real-world applications for measurement, SYSmark 2018 features new and updated versions of, among others; Microsoft Office 2016, Google Chrome & the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Support for Windows 10 and Windows 7, 64-bit
- New Productivity Scenario which has updated workloads and applications geared towards office centric user activities
- New Creativity Scenario which has updated workloads and applications geared toward media centric user activities
- Revamped Responsiveness Scenario which has updated workloads and applications geared towards user interaction and experience
- New graphical user interface
- Simplified “click and run” design which makes it easy for the user to run the benchmark
- All new updated applications (Microsoft Office 2016, Google Chrome version 65, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Photoshop CC (2018), Cyberlink PowerDirector 15, Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, AutoIT 126.96.36.199)
- New combined, single results PDF
- Updated system configuration that restores the original user settings
- Localized GUI and documentation for English (US), Chinese (Simplified), German, Russian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Japanese, Spanish, Polish, French
Please note: Results between SYSmark 2014 1.5 & SYSmark 2014 SE are not comparable with results from SYSmark 2018
Minimum system requirements ensure that SYSmark 2018 runs on broader categories of PC systems:
- CPU: 1.5 GHz AMD® or Intel® dual-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- HDD/SSD: 25GB of free space on the primary drive
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit or Microsoft® Windows® 7 64-bit (US English only)
- Resolution: 1280×800 or 1366×768
- Graphics: DirectX 10 compatible
- New Energy Consumption feature which records energy usage in watt-hours during the workloads. Requires a power meter (sold separately). Compatible meters include: Watts Up PRO, PRO ES, .NET models
- Approximate Running Time: 1 hour
Small Business 2018 (suitable for companies with less than 50 employees)
Medium Business 2018 (for companies with between 50 and 250 employees)
Corporation 2018 (for companies with between 250 and 1000 employees)
Enterprise & Publish 2018 (for companies with over 1000 employees)
The official legal version of the text is available in the EULA
What is the difference between a 2014 and 2018 license level?
In the 2014 series of products, each license level was determined by number of concurrent installs and limited to a physical location.
In the 2018 series of products the license type is determined by the size of your company.
What if I have special license requirements?
Please contact the BAPCo sales team, we will find a solution for your specific needs.
What is the difference between a Professional and Basic license?
Pro: License + 1 year of subscription service which includes free upgrades to all major updates & priority technical support.
Basic: License, 60 day download service & standard technical support.
What qualifies for upgrade licenses?
Any BAPCo benchmark dates 2012 or later qualifies for the upgrade pricing. You may upgrade to a different license type. For example, if you have a small business 2014 and need a Corporation 2018 license you may use the upgrade pricing.
Do I need to purchase a subscription?
No, you do not need a subscription. The subscription service adds priority technical support and free updates to all major releases while active. You can continue to use the version of the software you purchased for as long as it is supported by BAPCo. You can can purchase the upgrade version to future versions.
Can I just purchase upgrades from the basic edition?
Yes, with the Basic edition you can just purchase the upgrades you need. You can continue to use the version of the software you purchased for as long as it is supported by BAPCo.
Does the subscription autorenew?
No. The registered end-user or the original purchaser will be sent notification to renew.
Can I just purchase a subscription on my existing 2014 product?
No, the 2014 series of products offers a maintenance plan which does not include complimentary upgrades to new releases.
What happens if I don’t renew or I let my subscription lapse?
If your subscription is not renewed it reverts to a Basic license. If you wish to reactivate it, please contact BAPCo sales.
What is the difference between subscription and maintenance?
The subscription service for 2018 products adds priority technical support and free updates to all major releases while active.
Maintenance is only available on 2014 products and provides an extended download period, replaces lost, broken media and integrated patches. Upgrades between major versions are not covered.